Dear Australian Postal Corporation,
I understand that a majority of Australia Post and Startrack delivery drivers are contractors, and not employees of Australia Post or Startrack.
I request any documents which have been created in the last 12 months which detail:
1. The risks and benefits, if any, of using Contractors over using Employees
2. The number of complaints received in relation to issuing of "sorry we missed you" cards (or similar), and any reporting completed by Australia Post which indicates if this practice is more widespread among contractors or employees.
3. The number of employees and contractors who have been subject to disciplinary action (including but not limited to warnings or termination of engagement)
4. A copy of the standard agreement that a contractor must enter into to be a contractor for Australia Post or Startrack.
I contend that the release of the above information will help inform public policy debate around Australia Post and Startrack's use of contractors within the delivery network, and will be of interest to a substantial portion of the public that relies on Australia Post to deliver their parcels on time and accurately.
I exclude from my request:
1. The contact telephone numbers and email addresses of employees or contractors of the agency
2. All personally identifiable information of anyone who is not an employee or contractor of Australia Post.
I understand some of the above information could possibly be provided in a discreet form without you needing to identify documents. If it assists, I am happy to have those portions of the request processed administratively, that is outside of the Freedom of Information Act.
If Australia Post is not willing to process my request administratively, then please consider it a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act.
Thank you for your email to Freedom of Information (FOI) at Australia
Post. If your request meets the requirements for a valid FOI request, an
acknowledgement letter will be sent to you within 14 days.
Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent
service. If we can assist you in any way please telephone 13 13 18 or
visit our website.
The information contained in this email communication may be proprietary,
confidential or legally professionally privileged. It is intended
exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. You
should only read, disclose, re-transmit, copy, distribute, act in reliance
on or commercialise the information if you are authorised to do so.
Australia Post does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity
of this email communication has been maintained nor that the communication
is free of errors, virus or interference.
If you are not the addressee or intended recipient please notify us by
replying direct to the sender and then destroy any electronic or paper
copy of this message. Any views expressed in this email communication are
taken to be those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically attributes those views to Australia Post and is authorised to
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Good afternoon Mr Fairless,
Find attached Australia Post's acknowledgement of your Freedom of Information request.
Freedom of Information Officer
[Australia Post request email]