Dear Australian Taxation Office,
Through a previous FOI request, you have indicated the department has used certain information relating to your employees to conduct your enterprise agreement ballots for at least one enterprise agreement proposed under either the governments current bargaining policy or the one before it.
In one or more of your ballots, I have determined you passed on information about your employees that goes beyond the minimum required in order to conduct the ballots.
This may include information such as classification level, branch within the department, employment type, etc.
I would like to determine to what extent the department explained to employees what information about them was required for ballots, and what information about them was used in ballots.
I would also like to understand the rationale of the department in using employee information to profile employees' votes (in a breakdown of results), and I would like to know who authorised the decision to use such data.
I therefore request:
1. All documents sent to all employees which explain what information about them was passed onto the ballot provider for each ballot.
2. Any documents sent to the relevant decision maker(s) who approved the use of the data that was used in the ballots.
3. Any documents which explain the rational for obtaining breakdowns of votes
4. Any documents which mention benefits to the department or to the bargaining process in obtaining a breakdown of votes.
5. Any documents between the departmental bargaining team and the departmental Executive which discuss breakdowns of votes and suggest how that information should be used or otherwise taken into consideration by the department.
6. Any documents from the APSC that mention what information about employees can or should be used in ballots.
Dear Mr Smith,
The ATO does not process FOI requests received via righttoknow.org.au.
Please send your FOI request direct to [ATO request email], or lodge via
paper form available at
Alternatively, you can contact the ATO on 13 28 69 and ask for Freedom of
1. mailto:[ATO request email]
Dear FOI Applicant,
Please see the attachment.