Dear NT Department of Health,
1. Have you ever used agencies to recruit doctors on a permanent contract?
2. If so, please provide the total spend on the recruitment of doctors in the most recently recorded 12 month period?
3. What is your estimation for the number of vacancies open for permanent doctors?
4. What are the top 5 hospitals/local areas in your state that are in demand for doctors?
5. A contact name/specific team or department responsible for dealing with permanent doctors recruitment?
6. Have you ever used agencies to recruit nurses on a permanent contract?
7. If so, please provide the total spend on the recruitment of nurses in the most recently recorded 12 month period?
8. What is your estimation for the number of vacancies open for permanent nurses?
9. What are the top 5 hospitals/local areas in your state that are in demand for nurses?
10. A contact name/specific team or department responsible for dealing with permanent nurses recruitment?
11. Have you ever used agencies to recruit AHPs on a permanent contract?
12. If so, please provide the total spend on the recruitment of AHPs in the most recently recorded 12 month period?
13. What is you r estimation for the number of vacancies open for permanent AHPs?
14. What are the top 5 hospitals/local areas in your state that are in demand for AHPs?
15. A contact name/specific team or department responsible for dealing with permanent AHPs recruitment?
16. Would you consider using agencies for international recruitment?
Thank you for contacting the Information and Privacy Unit.
We acknowledge receipt of your email and advise it may take up to ten days
for a response due to the high volume of applications currently being
managed by the Information and Privacy Unit.
To avoid any delays in processing your application, please ensure you have
provided an Identification Document (ID) and scope of application:
including the NT Health facility which holds the information you are
Dear Mr Bates,
I am contacting you with regard to your email correspondence of 24 March
2023, seeking to access government information held with NT Health.
Your application has been submitted as a Freedom of Information (FOI)
application pursuant to the provisions of the Information Act 2002 (the
Act). Section 18 of the Act sets out how an application must be made.
Section 18(2A) of the Act provides:
· The application is to be accompanied by the application fee.
As your request relates to government information an application fee of
$30.00 is applicable. Payment of this fee can be made by cheque, payable
to the Receiver of Territory Monies (RTM) and sent to the Information and
Privacy Unit, Department of Health, PO Box 40596 Casuarina NT 0811.
Alternatively, you may contact RTM on 08 8999 1606 and make a direct
payment quoting cost code: 70100380 166311 and reference: FOI2023/115
Section 18(3) of the Act provides:
· Before accepting an application, a public sector organisation
must satisfy itself as to the identity of the applicant.
Please provide this office with a copy of your identification document
(ID). (i.e. Drivers licence, Passport, Proof of age card or Medicare
card). This can be submitted via email to
[email address] and does not require certification.
In addition to the above, please note that the FOI process is in place to
provide members of the public with access to records held with NT Health.
The Act does not require a public sector organisation to provide answers
to questions nor create information for the purpose of addressing an
application and is unable to accept an application where the application
does not include sufficient details to identify the information. I cannot
undertake sufficient search processes without further information for the
purpose of clarifying the scope of the request. I provide you with this
information as a courtesy only and note that further information will be
required from you once the requirements set out by sections 18(2A) and
18(3) of the Act are met.
As such, I advise that your application has not yet been accepted. NT
Health will hold this application as pending for 30 days from the date of
this email unless otherwise agreed, after which the request will be closed
and withdrawn. If for any reason you still require access to the
information requested, a new request for information will be required.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the
Information and Privacy Unit.
Information and Privacy Officer
Floor 8, Manunda Place, 38 Cavenagh Street, Darwin NT
GPO Box 40596 Casuarina, NT 0811
t. 08 8999 2880
f. 08 8973 9063
e. [email address]
I acknowledge Aboriginal people as the Traditional Owners of the country I
work on, and their connection to land and community. I pay my respect to
all Traditional Owners, and to the Elders both past and present.
Use or transmittal of the information in this email other than for
authorised NT Government business purposes may constitute misconduct under
the NT Public Sector Code of Conduct and could potentially be an offence
under the NT Criminal Code. If you are not the intended recipient, any
use, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is
unauthorised. If you have received this document in error, please advise
the sender. No representation is given that attached files are free from
viruses or other defects. Scanning for viruses is recommended.