Opal Card offenders from 2013-2016
From: Satria Dyer-Darmawan
Dear NSW Trains,
Under the Freedom of Information act, I would like to know the following information:
1. What is the total number of OPAL offenses on NSW Trains during the years of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
2. The total percentage of age groups that have been fined?
3. The percentage of nationalities that have been fined during the years of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. Eg
4. Reasons for fine. Eg
Travel without a valid ticket
Alcohol on train
5. The total number of fines handed out during the years of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and the total cost of all those fines. Eg.
Fines Total Cost of all fines
2013 65 $13,000
6. The total number of cases that have gone to court and succeeded or failed.
I understand this is quite a specific request and may take some time to gather the data, however. I would appreciate if you could answer all the available questions and provide me with the data via CSV or Excel files, that would be great.
From: GIPA/Right to Information and Privacy Office
The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) provides a means for people to request information from Government agencies. Information regarding the application process, fee and form can be found on our website at the following link;
Please review the TfNSW website information prior to making an application. Please note that an application will not guarantee access to the requested information.
The option to forward an access application and credit card payment details to TfNSW via email is now available. Please find the relevant forms attached which can be emailed to; [email address] for assessing.
In addition you may wish to consider the Bureau of Transport Statistics (BTS) website and the State Debt Recovery Office for information prior to submitting an access application;
Bureau of Transport Statistics (BTS)
State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO);
Resource and Compliance Officer TfNSW
Information, Corporate Policy and Investigations (ICPI)
People and Corporate Services
T 8202 2381 | [email address]
Use public transport... plan your trip at transportnsw.info
Get on board with Opal at opal.com.au