By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Sir / Madam
Freedom of information request – charges refund
1. I refer to your request dated 13 October 2018 for access to documents under the Freedom
of Information Act 1982
2. On 19 December 2018 charges of $71.72 were imposed in respect of the processing of
your request. You subsequently paid these charges and a decision on your request was
issued on 12 March 2019.
3. The charges of $71.72 were imposed in respect of documents comprising a total of 76
pages. In the decision on your request, however, it was determined that only 32
documents comprising 61 pages were relevant to your request. Consequently, you are
entitled to a partial refund for the charges you have paid.
4. I have determined that you are entitled to a refund of $15. I determined this amount on a
simple pro-rata basis, rounding the result up to the nearest dollar.
5. The Commission’s Finance area has advised me that the details received when you paid
the charges are insufficient to enable the processing of a refund to you.
6. In order to process your refund, the Commission requires the following bank details from
• account name;
• account number; and
• BSB number.
7. We do not recommend that you provide us this personal information through the Right to
Know website. You could email this information to email@example.com.
However, we will
need to verify that any person emailing the FOI inbox is in fact the same person that
submitted and paid the FOI charge. To verify this, we ask that you identify in your email
the account name the charge was paid from, and the description used.
B Block, Treasury Building
Parkes Place West PARKES ACT 2600
GPO Box 3176 CANBERRA ACT 2600
8. If you require clarification of any of the matters in this letter you may contact the
Commission’s FOI co-ordinator by telephone on (02) 6202 3500 or by email at
Authorised FOI decision maker
25 June 2019