How it works
You have the right to request information from any publicly-funded body, and get answers. Right to Know helps you make a Freedom of Information request. It also publishes all requests online.
Use this site to make your request for information – we'll show you how.
We'll drop you an email as soon as your request gets a response.
We publish it all online. Great! Now you have your answer, and everybody else can access it too.
Who can I request information from?
Right to Know covers requests to 2,689 authorities, including:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 142 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 193 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 110 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 131 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 260 requests
- Department of Defence 161 requests
- Department of Health 261 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 143 requests
- Department of Finance 113 requests
- Australian Federal Police 183 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 205 requests
- Department of Veterans' Affairs 174 requests
- NBN Co Limited 125 requests
- NSW Police Force 94 requests
- Services Australia 252 requests
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources 136 requests
What information has been released?
Right to Know users have made 8,973 requests, including:
Department of Home Affairs answered a request about Gender and Sexual Orientation - Procedural Instruction, VM-5345
2 days ago
Commonwealth Ombudsman answered a request about Documents relating to sanctions for breaches of Code of Conduct
3 days ago
9 days ago