How it works
You have the right to request information from any publicly-funded body, and get answers. Right to Know helps you make a Freedom of Information request. It also publishes all requests online.
Use this site to make your request for information – we'll show you how.
We'll drop you an email as soon as your request gets a response.
We publish it all online. Great! Now you have your answer, and everybody else can access it too.
Who can I request information from?
Right to Know covers requests to 2,689 authorities, including:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 131 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 190 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 109 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 131 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 258 requests
- Department of Defence 155 requests
- Department of Health 257 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 142 requests
- Department of Finance 109 requests
- Australian Federal Police 177 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 204 requests
- Department of Veterans' Affairs 170 requests
- NBN Co Limited 124 requests
- NSW Police Force 93 requests
- Services Australia 250 requests
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources 136 requests
What information has been released?
Right to Know users have made 8,784 requests, including:
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment answered a request about Exemptions from pre-slaughter stunning requirements
about 14 hours ago
Department of Employment and Workplace Relations answered a request about Business case for the Points Based Activation System
8 days ago
12 days ago
Department of Home Affairs answered a request about Border Measures On-boarding guide (ADD2021/567855)
6 days ago
Australian Electoral Commission answered a request about Request for EasyCount Senate NATA Accreditation report
4 days ago