How it works
You have the right to request information from any publicly-funded body, and get answers. Right to Know helps you make a Freedom of Information request. It also publishes all requests online.
Use this site to make your request for information – we'll show you how.
We'll drop you an email as soon as your request gets a response.
We publish it all online. Great! Now you have your answer, and everybody else can access it too.
Who can I request information from?
Right to Know covers requests to 2,693 authorities, including:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 150 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 205 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 119 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 146 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 277 requests
- Department of Defence 194 requests
- Department of Health 285 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 163 requests
- Department of Finance 123 requests
- Australian Federal Police 187 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 220 requests
- Department of Veterans' Affairs 205 requests
- NBN Co Limited 133 requests
- NSW Police Force 102 requests
- Services Australia 289 requests
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources 137 requests
What information has been released?
Right to Know users have made 9,943 requests, including:
1 day ago
6 days ago
Department of Defence answered a request about Afghanistan Inquiry Implementation Oversight Panel Reports and Responses
7 days ago
Department of Health answered a request about FOI Request: Access to Data Sharing Agreements and Related Documents
2 days ago