How it works
You have the right to request information from any publicly-funded body, and get answers. Right to Know helps you make a Freedom of Information request. It also publishes all requests online.
Use this site to make your request for information – we'll show you how.
We'll drop you an email as soon as your request gets a response.
We publish it all online. Great! Now you have your answer, and everybody else can access it too.
Who can I request information from?
Right to Know covers requests to 2,683 authorities, including:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 90 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 152 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 98 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 121 requests
- Department of Defence 130 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 184 requests
- Department of Health 161 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 117 requests
- Department of Finance 94 requests
- Australian Federal Police 163 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 191 requests
- Department of Veterans' Affairs 123 requests
- NBN Co Limited 118 requests
- NSW Police Force 85 requests
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources 129 requests
- Services Australia 216 requests
What information has been released?
Right to Know users have made 6,762 requests, including:
Australian Federal Police answered a request about Documents or records concerning the use of Clearview technology by AFP
about 10 hours ago
Department of Home Affairs answered a request about Figure of 489 and 491 visa holders outside Australia
11 days ago
Department of Home Affairs answered a request about Number of citizenship applicants waiting for a ceremony in SA burnside council
15 days ago