Your Right to Know
Everyone has the right to access information held by Australian public authorities. By law, they have to respond.
Make a new
Make a request »
3,857 requests and
Who can I request information from?
Right To Know covers requests to 2,670 authorities, including:
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection 357 requests
- Department of Human Services 132 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 114 requests
- Australian Federal Police 103 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 101 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 86 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 85 requests
- Department of Health 73 requests
- Department of Defence 73 requests
- Department of Finance 71 requests
- NBN Co Limited 70 requests
- Department of Education 58 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 58 requests
- NSW Police Force 57 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 53 requests
- Australian Electoral Commission 49 requests
- Department of the Treasury 48 requests
- Department of the Environment and Energy 47 requests
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 46 requests
- Department of Communications and the Arts 43 requests
- Department of Social Services 37 requests
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development 37 requests
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 36 requests
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation 34 requests
- Department of Employment 34 requests
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science 32 requests
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources 29 requests
- Australian Public Service Commission 29 requests
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority 27 requests
- Department of Veterans' Affairs 25 requests
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority 24 requests
- Roads and Maritime Services 23 requests
What information has been released?
Right To Know users have made 3,857 requests, including:
Department of Veterans' Affairs answered a request about
APP 12 Privacy Act Applications
about 18 hours ago
Dear Verity Pane I refer to your email below, seeking access to the number of pages of documents that came into scope and were reviewed for each of the APP 12 applications. The information you request...
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner answered a request about
FOI Agency Reference Numbers for Documents in REQFOI17/00064
4 days ago
Dear Ms Pane A decision in response to your FOI request dated 15 November 2017 is attached, as is the document you requested. Regards Raewyn Harlock | Assistant Director | FOI Disput...
Victorian Legal Services Commissioner answered a request about
Request For Statistics For The Years 2015-2016 & 2016-2017
about 8 hours ago
Dear Steven I refer to your below email received by the Victorian Legal Services Board + Commissioner (VLSBC) on 1 December 2017. You have sought information relating to the number of complain...
Prime Minister answered a request about
Aboriginal land (sovereignty)
4 days ago
UNCLASSIFIED Dear Mr Stagg As your request is for general information concerning arrangements with Government, I am responding as an administrative release. Questions concerning the Constitution of Au...
Australian Building and Construction Commission answered a request about
3 days ago
UNCLASSIFIED Dear BR, I refer to the email dated 7 December 2017. Attached is a copy of the document referred to on the disclosure log. Yours sincerely, FOI section Australian Building and Construc...