How it works
You have the right to request information from any publicly-funded body, and get answers. Right to Know helps you make a Freedom of Information request. It also publishes all requests online.
Use this site to make your request for information – we'll show you how.
We'll drop you an email as soon as your request gets a response.
We publish it all online. Great! Now you have your answer, and everybody else can access it too.
Who can I request information from?
Right to Know covers requests to 2,691 authorities, including:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 145 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 191 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 114 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 133 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 273 requests
- Department of Defence 170 requests
- Department of Health 274 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 153 requests
- Department of Finance 116 requests
- Australian Federal Police 185 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 213 requests
- Department of Veterans' Affairs 193 requests
- NBN Co Limited 130 requests
- NSW Police Force 96 requests
- Services Australia 273 requests
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources 137 requests
What information has been released?
Right to Know users have made 9,383 requests, including:
eSafety Commissioner answered a request about Documents that Informed the Age Verification Roadmap
1 day ago
Classification Board answered a request about Faces of Death 1–4
3 days ago
Blacktown City Council answered a request about Registering an Easement to use the Council property for Storm Water Connection
about 16 hours ago
Department of Veterans' Affairs answered a request about Planned ESORT changes in line with evidence at Royal Commission into Defence and Veterans Suicide.
5 days ago
Department of Social Services answered a request about Annual expenditure provided in DSS grants
6 days ago