Your Right to Know
Everyone has the right to access information held by Australian public authorities. By law, they have to respond.
Make a new
Make a request »
3,267 requests and
Who can I request information from?
Right To Know covers requests to 2,667 authorities, including:
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection 337 requests
- Department of Human Services 110 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 101 requests
- Australian Federal Police 85 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 73 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 72 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 68 requests
- Department of Health 67 requests
- NBN Co Limited 66 requests
- Department of Finance 66 requests
- Department of Defence 58 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 56 requests
- Department of Education 54 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 50 requests
- NSW Police Force 48 requests
- Department of the Treasury 40 requests
- Australian Electoral Commission 39 requests
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 39 requests
- Department of the Environment and Energy 37 requests
- Department of Communications and the Arts 36 requests
- Department of Social Services 31 requests
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation 31 requests
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development 31 requests
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 31 requests
- Department of Employment 28 requests
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science 27 requests
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority 26 requests
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources 24 requests
- Roads and Maritime Services 21 requests
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority 21 requests
- Australian Crime Commission 21 requests
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission 20 requests
What information has been released?
Right To Know users have made 3,267 requests, including:
Water NSW answered a request about
Inflow levels (rainfall), outflow levels (bulk water supply to WaterNSW) and storage for Warragamba Dam specifically, for 1995 to 2017.
about 12 hours ago
Dear Ms Koob I have been advised the following: In Tab 1 - The data in column b through E is discharge megs per day In tab 2 - The data in column b through c is discharge megs per day Time series d...
NSW Department of Planning and Environment answered a request about
Status of proposal to reduce statewide minimum room size.
1 day ago
Hi David, That article is referring to the second project I mentioned in my last email. SSD 7417 - http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_id=7417 If you click that lin...
Department of Immigration and Border Protection answered a request about
Contract IHMS on Nauru
2 days ago
UNCLASSIFIED Dear Mr West, Further to the advice below, as we did not receive a response from you this FOI request has now been withdrawn. with regards, Helen Simons FOI Officer...
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources answered a request about
Documents relating to Department's request for ongoing access to Telecommunications Data
3 days ago
Thank you Mr Smith. Regards Melissa Nickols FOI Officer | Freedom of Information and Privacy Team Office of the General Counsel | Assurance and Legal Division Email [Department of Agriculture an...
Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance answered a request about
contracts published on Tenders Vic
3 days ago
Hi Ben I have followed up with the line area, as promised in my previous email to you. The data set you are requesting, while not being released publicly today, is so close to release that I have secu...