Your Right to Know
Everyone has the right to access information held by Australian public authorities. By law, they have to respond.
Make a new
Make a request »
3,098 requests and
Who can I request information from?
Right To Know covers requests to 2,665 authorities, including:
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection 330 requests
- Department of Human Services 105 requests
- Attorney-General's Department 99 requests
- Australian Federal Police 81 requests
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 70 requests
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade 70 requests
- Department of Health 65 requests
- NBN Co Limited 65 requests
- Department of Finance 63 requests
- Australian Taxation Office 59 requests
- Department of Defence 56 requests
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority 55 requests
- Department of Education 52 requests
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission 48 requests
- NSW Police Force 43 requests
- Department of the Treasury 40 requests
- Australian Electoral Commission 38 requests
- Australian Bureau of Statistics 35 requests
- Department of Communications and the Arts 35 requests
- Department of the Environment and Energy 35 requests
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development 31 requests
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation 30 requests
- Department of Social Services 30 requests
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science 27 requests
- Department of Employment 27 requests
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner 27 requests
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority 25 requests
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources 23 requests
- Australian Crime Commission 21 requests
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority 21 requests
- Roads and Maritime Services 20 requests
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission 19 requests
What information has been released?
Right To Know users have made 3,098 requests, including:
Australian Broadcasting Corporation answered a request about
Complaints/Correspondence from Senator Malcolm Roberts
about 17 hours ago
Dear Applicant Please find attached the decision made by the ABC’s FOI Officer, Judith Maude, in relation to your FOI request. Also attached are relevant documents. Ms Maude offers her si...
Australian Border Force answered a request about
3 days ago
UNCLASSIFIED Our references: FA 17/02/00562; ADF2017/21215 Dear Mr Bqwerty, I refer to your FOI request received on 10 February 2017, seeking access to the following: ‘statistics f...
Commonwealth Ombudsman answered a request about
Consultations regarding Waiver of Privacy Act Personal Information Disclosure Certificate - Veterans’ Affairs Legislation Amendment (Digital Readiness and Other Measures) Bill 2016
5 days ago
Dear Ms Pane, I am writing to provide clarification in response to the points raised in your emails to our office on 5 and 13 April 2017. With respect to Document 1, you are correct that s...
Department of the Environment and Energy answered a request about
Documents relating to Recovery Plan for the Endangered Species - Abbott's Booby (Papasula abbotti) on Christmas Island
8 days ago
[Uploading documents supplied by the authority, downloaded by the requester, and provided to Right To Know administrators] FOI 170312 Document 1 Annual Report for the Christmas Island Minesite to For...
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources answered a request about
2016/17 Additional Estimates Topics
2 days ago
Dear Mr Gothe-Snape The decision and document for your FOI request is attached. Regards Melissa Nickols FOI Officer | Freedom of Information and Privacy Team, Office of the General Counsel Email...