PO Box 457
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Contact: FOI Coordinator
Email: [email address]
17 August 2018
Dear Mr Towns
Please find below response from the DTA in relation to your request dated 19 July 2018.
I refer to your request for information on the following staff turnover:
1. The number of staff who have ceased employment at the DTA between
December 2016 and June 2018.
2. Of the departing staff, the breakdown between those who were employed in Sydney
as opposed to Canberra.
3. The current employment level of the DTA at June 2018.
Your request was received by the agency on 19 July 2018. The 30 day statutory period for
processing your request commenced from the day after that date. As today is
17 August 2018, I am satisfied that this request has been answered within the required
I am also satisfied that the DTA will not be charging for the processing of the information
provided in this correspondence, this may change however if further correspondence is
This response has been delivered to the email address through which you originally
requested the information.
1. The total number of people that ceased employment with the DTA between
1 December 2016 and 30 June 2018 was 340. This figure includes APS employees
who moved to other agencies via Machinery of Government changes and contractors
who ceased at the end of their expected contract term.
2. Approximately 60% of former employees were employed in Canberra, with the
balance employed in Sydney.
3. As at 30 June 2018, the DTA had a headcount of 342.
FOI applicants can request that the Australian Information Commissioner (Information
Commissioner) review a decision made by an agency or minister under the FOI Act under
certain circumstances. You can find out more about this at https://www.oaic.gov.au/freedom-
George-Philip de Wet
Chief Operating Officer
Digital Transformation Agency