TRIM Ref: D22-5063920
Dear Mr Recard,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST FOI 3552
Notice of Decision
1. I refer to your request dated 9 January 2022 under the Freedom of Information Act
(the FOI Act) for access to the following documents:
“Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 1982, I seek access to all the documents
you hold in regards to correspondence between the Department and "international
regulators" that contain both the term "brain fog" and the word "Comirnaty".
2. I am the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) officer authorised to make this
decision under section 23 of the FOI Act. What follows is my decision under the FOI
3. Unfortunately, I am unable to continue to process your request because the documents
you have requested do not exist. Therefore, I am notifying you of my decision to refuse
your request for access under section 24A of the FOI Act.
Reasons for Decision
4. Despite a thorough and complete search, the documents you have requested do not
exist. In these circumstances, section 24A of the FOI Act states that an agency is able to
refuse (discontinue processing) the request. Specifically, the FOI Act states:
requests may be refused if all reasonable steps have been taken to find a document
and the document does not exist.
5. Please be assured that the TGA’s electronic databases, files and corporate file lists have
been searched and following these searches I am satisfied that all reasonable steps
have been taken to find the documents requested. However, the documents you have
requested do not exist.
6. As outlined in the request consultation letter sent to you on 6 January 2022 by the
TGA, regarding FOI 3478, the TGA does hold documents containing the words 'brain-
fog' and 'Comirnaty'. However, the documents falling under the scope of FOI 3478 are
too voluminous to process. For more information, I refer you to the request
consultation letter of 6 January 2022. In comparison, the TGA does not hold any
PO Box 100 Woden ACT 2606 ABN 40 939 406 804
Phone: 1800 020 653 or 02 6232 8644 Fax: 02 6232 8112
documents containing the terms 'brain-fog' and 'Comirnaty' included in
correspondence between the Department and international regulators.
Review and Complaint Rights
7. If you are not satisfied with this decision, you can either seek internal review or apply
to the OAIC for review of the decision. Further information can be found on the OAIC
website at the following link: www.oaic.gov.au/freedom-of-information/reviews-and-
8. If you have any queries regarding this matter, please contact the FOI Team on
(02) 6289 4630.
Authorised and electronically signed by
Therapeutic Goods Administration
25 January 2022
Page 2 of 2