We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Tarleen please sign in and let everyone know.

Access to child's school records

Tarleen made this Government Information (Public Access) request to NSW Department of Education

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

We're waiting for Tarleen to read recent responses and update the status.

Dear NSW Department of Education,
I would like to know the procedure to access my child's school records as there is a high chance of jeopardizing high school enrolment next year due to a potential internal suspension as a result of physical abuse by another child towards my child at the school.

I am assured no paperwork/documents will be attached to the child's record, however, I am not comfortable with the explanation as a statement of account and witness statements were recorded.

Yours faithfully,
Worried parent.

Right to Access, Legal Services, NSW Department of Education

You have contacted the Right to Access unit at the Department of Education
NSW.  If your email relates to a Government Information (Public Access)
Act 2009 (GIPA Act) or a Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act)
application made under the abovenamed acts, the department will respond as
soon as possible.


This email address is only for [1]applications for access to documents
under the GIPA Act and the FOI Act.  This unit is unable to respond to
non-GIPA or non-FOI related enquiries sent to this email address, and
accordingly, emails sent to this email address that are not GIPA/FOI
related will not be responded to or forwarded.


If you have a non-GIPA/FOI related enquiry for the department, you can
make your enquiry with the department by contacting the relevant area at:




For replacement HSC and exam certificates contact NESA, as these are not
held by the department:



For IT assistance contact EDConnect: Call 1300 32 32 32 during business
hours or [5]log an online query



For employment referee checks contact EDConnect: Call 1300 32 32 32 during
business hours or [7]log an online query


For enrolment information:


For information about becoming a NSW teacher:


To make a complaint about a school, contact the local director of the
school. Their contact details can be found by area using the following


[11]Metropolitan North directors

[12]Metropolitan South directors

[13]Metropolitan South and West directors

[14]Regional North directors.

[15]Regional North and West directors

[16]Regional South directors

[17]Rural North directors

[18]Rural South and West directors


For information about TAFE, they are not part of the department and should
be contacted directly:




To submit a subpoena: send directly to the school or to
[21][email address] for email service, addressed to the Proper
Officer. Then send hard copy by post, with a $50 cheque for conduct money
to Legal Services, 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150



For general enquiries, [22]policy information & referral, public school
enquiries and authentication of school reports please call the department
switchboard on 1300 679 332

*** This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender and delete the message.


Visible links
1. https://education.nsw.gov.au/content/dam...
2. https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-us/de...
3. https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wp...
4. https://www.educationstandards.nsw.edu.a...
5. https://servicemanagement.det.nsw.edu.au...
6. https://my.education.nsw.gov.au/inside-t...
7. https://servicemanagement.det.nsw.edu.au...
8. https://education.nsw.gov.au/parents-and...
9. https://www.teach.nsw.edu.au/
10. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
11. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
12. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
13. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
14. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
15. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
16. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
17. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
18. https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-scho...
19. https://www.tafensw.edu.au/agency-inform...
20. https://tafensw.custhelp.com/app/contact...
21. mailto:[email address]
22. https://policies.education.nsw.gov.au/po...

Right to Access, Legal Services, NSW Department of Education

3 Attachments

Dear Tarleen

Please find attached the following documents for you to complete in order to request access to information held by the Department of Education:

1. GIPA Access application form;
2. GIPA Authority form (to be filled in if you are acting on behalf of another person or a child over the age of 12 years); and
3. GIPA Information for applicants - which contains information about the process.

To pay by credit card, please pay at https://www.payway.com.au/MakePayment?Bi...

GIPA Ref/Applicant Name: In this field please use the surname of the person who's records you seek. Ie, your surname if seeking your own records, or your client's surname if seeking your client's records. This is a 10 character field For non-personal applications, please use your own surname.
If you have a current GIPA or FOI reference number (for an open matter) please use this as the reference for this field (excluding dashes, only 10 character field).

Once payment has been made, a receipt will be emailed to you from the payment portal. Please send us a copy of the receipt with your application form to [email address] <mailto:[email address]>

If you have any further questions, please contact RTA by telephone on 7814 3525 or via email at [email address] <mailto:[email address]> .

Kind Regards,

Sonam Kamal
Right to Access Officer
Right to Access - Legal Services

We acknowledge the homelands of all Aboriginal people and pay our respect to Country.

If this email is sent to you by mistake and is not for you, please delete it and let me know. No privilege or confidentiality is waived as a result.

show quoted sections

We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Tarleen please sign in and let everyone know.