Food safety inspections for the years 2014, 2015, 2016

Nigel Gladstone made this Government Information (Public Access) request to Greater Hume Shire Council as part of a batch sent to 149 authorities

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Greater Hume Shire Council should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Nigel Gladstone

Dear Local Council,

Can you please provide me with the number of food safety inspections carried out in your area annually, for the last three years?

How many warning were issued each year and how many fines each year?

What percentage of all food outlets did the council inspect each year?

Have any outlets been shut down for non-compliance and if so what for and how many?

What were the worst offences/biggest fines for each year?

Yours faithfully,

Nigel Gladstone

Nigel Gladstone

Dear Greater Hume Shire Council,

I'm compiling the food authority information for all councils in NSW to show how many places they are inspecting, what percentage of outlets get inspected each year and how many warnings, formal improvement notices and fines are issued.

The data will be put into an interactive map to show which will show areas have the most food outlets, and how often they get inspected etc. I have been working with the NSW Food Authority who are supportive of this project. The more councils provide their data the better picture we get of food safety in NSW

Can I please clarify that I want to know how many high and medium risk food businesses were inspected in each year (2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16) and what percentage of these were inspected in each year.

This request is very simple as all the information I am asking for is contained in an annual report all councils provide to the NSW food Authority.
Some councils have this in their document management system but if you do not have a copy of it, you can request it from the food authority and they will email it back to you. I am happy to go through the forms myself to get the information as several other councils have sent it to me.

Unfortunately, the Food authority will not release the forms as it is third party information so I have to request it from all councils individually. I have already received this information from more than 40 councils now without the need for a GIPA or any paper work as it is an informal request.

I would also like to know how many formal improvement notices were issued in each year.
Yours faithfully,

Nigel Gladstone