Dear Australian Taxation Office,
I am looking for the below information, this is related to previous Freedom of Information Reference 1-JU60SIW.
The Tax Evasion Referral Centre (TERC) figures for 2018-19 financial year:
x 66,079 tip-offs received in 18/19 FY.
x All tip-offs were assessed by the Tax Evasion Referral Centre.
x 29% of tip-offs resulted in no referral to business lines (breakdown below).
x 71% of tip-offs were referred to business lines for further review and investigation.
Information that I need as part of my FOI request:
1) What is the minimum information in the online form, which you need for the review and investigation.
2) Why are not updating website form and provide * mandatory information , so that online tip off form can be submitted.
3) 71% - Need to find out the type of Tip off- Cash in hand related, Salary related
4) 71%- Percentage of individuals (x%)and Business (y%)
5) Business (y%)- what is percentage of Trade Related business (Plumbers electricals , small retailers and restaurants)
6) Number of Audits carried out by ATO 2018-19 related to Tax Evasion (Cash in hand related)
Please do not say , we cannot access the information and with advanced data analysis (ATO already mastered in), this is only few minutes worth of data extraction.