Tax evasion Enquiry updates-Statistical
This request has an unknown status. We're waiting for Paul Echo to read a recent response and update the status.
From: Paul Echo
Dear Australian Taxation Office,
I am looking for the below information, this is related to previous Freedom of Information Reference 1-JU60SIW.
The Tax Evasion Referral Centre (TERC) figures for 2018-19 financial year:
x 66,079 tip-offs received in 18/19 FY.
x All tip-offs were assessed by the Tax Evasion Referral Centre.
x 29% of tip-offs resulted in no referral to business lines (breakdown below).
x 71% of tip-offs were referred to business lines for further review and investigation.
Information that I need as part of my FOI request:
1) What is the minimum information in the online form, which you need for the review and investigation.
2) Why are not updating website form and provide * mandatory information , so that online tip off form can be submitted.
3) 71% - Need to find out the type of Tip off- Cash in hand related, Salary related
4) 71%- Percentage of individuals (x%)and Business (y%)
5) Business (y%)- what is percentage of Trade Related business (Plumbers electricals , small retailers and restaurants)
6) Number of Audits carried out by ATO 2018-19 related to Tax Evasion (Cash in hand related)
Please do not say , we cannot access the information and with advanced data analysis (ATO already mastered in), this is only few minutes worth of data extraction.
Australian Taxation Office
Dear FOI Applicant,
Please see attachment.