Dear Department of Home Affairs,
Could I request the following information:
1. Total number of EOIs in submitted status in the skill select system for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)- NSW state nomination for the ANZSCO code 261313(Software Engineer) across 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100 and 105 points who are living in NSW, and have been employed in NSW as at June 2021 on monthly basis from 1st Jan 2021 ( i.e from Jan 2021 to JuN 2021)
2. Total number of EOIs in submitted status in the skill select system for subclass 189 with respect to the ANZSCO code 261313(Software Engineer) across 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100 and 105 points as at June 2021 on monthly basis from 1st Jan 2021 ( i.e from Jan 2021 to JuN 2021)
3. Total number of invitations given for subclass 189 with respect to the ANZSCO code 261313(Software Engineer) as at July 2020 on monthly basis from 1st Jan 2019 ( i.e from Jan 2019 to July 2020)
4. Total number of invitations sent for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)- NSW state nomination with respect to the ANZSCO code 261313(Software Engineer)as at Jan 2021 on monthly basis from 1st Jan 2021 ( i.e from Jan 2021 to Jun 2021)
Thanks in advance.
In reply please quote:
FOI Request: FA 21/06/00072
Good morning Mr Kumar
Offer to Withdraw Freedom of Information Access Request
I refer to your correspondence of 1 June 2021 seeking access to documents
held by the Department of Home Affairs (the Department) under the Freedom
of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act).
Your request has been allocated the FOI reference number referred to
above. Please include your FOI reference number in all correspondence with
the Freedom of Information Section.
As you may be aware, earlier this year the Department launched a dashboard
on its SkillSelect website to provide visa Expression of Interest (EOI)
statistics. The Department has undertaken a review of the SkillSelect
Dashboard to ensure that there is no reasonable chance of an individual
being re-identified from the EOI statistics.
The dashboard is now available again and can be accessed via the
Department’s SkillSelect web page and comprises a comprehensive library
of historic and current statistics in relation to Expressions of Interest
(EOIs). The dashboard is a one-stop shop for SkillSelect EOI statistics
and is freely available on demand, without any need to formally request
the statistics and wait for such a request to be processed. Bypassing the
FOI process will significantly reduce delays in obtaining the same
information as has previously been provided in response to FOI requests.
As this information is now publically available, you may wish to withdraw
you FOI request. If you do not advise the Department that you wish to
continue with this FOI request within 5 days of this email, your request
will be taken to have been withdrawn.
The Department’s handling of personal information is regulated by the
Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act). Guidance published by the Office of
the Australian Information Commissioner is that information will be
de-identified, and therefore not subject to the protections in the Privacy
Act, where the risk of an individual being re-identified is very low.
De-identification is not a fixed state. Rather, re-identification risks
and their controls require ongoing monitoring and review.
The Department’s view is that the current controls are appropriate to
reduce the risk that an individual can be re-identified from the
statistics accessible from the SkillSelect Dashboard to very low.
Contacting the FOI Section
Should you wish to discuss your request you may contact the FOI Section at
[Department of Home Affairs request email]
Position number: 60094807
Authorised FOI Officer
Freedom of Information
Important Notice: The content of this email is intended only for use by
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received
this email by mistake, please advise the sender and delete the message and
attachments immediately. This email, including attachments, may contain
confidential, sensitive, legally privileged and/or copyright information.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
The Department of Home Affairs and ABF respect your privacy and have
obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.
Unsolicited commercial emails MUST NOT be sent to the originator of this
2. mailto:[Department of Home Affairs request email]