Request for residential real estate tax receipts from Chinese investors

Mark Gallagher made this Government Information (Public Access) request to NSW Treasury

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, NSW Treasury should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear NSW Treasury,

I am looking for up-to-date details of total tax receipts from Chinese nationals from residential real estate for the last three years, broken down by:
-tax type (stamp duty, land tax, unused dwelling etc.)

Yours faithfully,

Mark Gallagher.

Stephanie Johnson left an annotation ()

Hello Mark,

Unlike requests to Commonwealth Agencies, requests made to State departments will only be valid if you:
*Clearly state that you are making a request under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the relevant Act in NSW)
*Enclose the $30 application fee (cheques and postal orders should be made out to NSW Treasury) or you can EFT payment to the Treasury account
*Nominate a return postal address for correspondence purposes
Include as much specific information as necessary to assist us to identify the information you are requesting

You can find more information about how to make requests to the NSW Treasury at

Good luck.