2015 Review of WACHS Elective Surgical Waitlist practices and policies. Dr Hoffman
The request was refused by WA Department of Health.
From: Mr Liddiard
Dear WA Department of Health,
In 2015 Dr T Hoffman was seconded by the Department of Health WA to carry out a review of elective surgical practices by WACHS.
She was mindful how Elective Surgery Access and Waiting List Management Policy was being implemented.
Please can you supply:
(1) The findings from Dr Hoffman as published in a report and correspondence with the Department of Health WA.
(2) All waitlist and theatre allocation documents that were requested by Dr Hoffman from WACHS in supporting her report. Whether specifically created for Dr Hoffman or internal Department of Health WA documents.
Special-Is as Special-Does
From: DOH, FOI
WA Department of Health
Dear Mr Liddiard
The Department of Health (DoH) acknowledges receipt of the attached email
requesting access to records under the Freedom of Information Act 1992
In order to make a valid application under the FOI Act, the following
information is required:
· An Australian address for correspondence – a phone number would
also assist for communication purposes. If wishing to correspond by
email, this would need to be done directly to you, or if requesting
through an organisation, written authorisation is required.
· Payment of the statutory $30.00 application fee – this can be
– Cheque / money order (either posted, or personal delivery to
reception DoH, East Perth)
– Cash (personal delivery to reception DoH, East Perth)
– On-line payment (an invoice will be raised and remitted to you via
email for all online payment methods)
Note: If an invoice is to be raised, a contact phone number is required.
An FOI application form is attached which provides additional information
in regard to the DoH FOI process.
Your further advice is requested. Please ensure the correct email address
is used: [WA Department of Health request email]
Nareen Burnell | Senior Integrity Officer - FOI
System-wide Integrity Services
Governance and System Support Directorate
Department of Health
2nd floor, C Block, 189 Royal Street, EAST PERTH WA 6004
T: (08) 9222 6411
E: [email address]
Disclaimer: The contents of the email transmission are intended solely
for the named recipient(s), may be confidential, and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure in the public interest. The use,
reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this email
transmission by any person other than the named recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender
1. mailto:[WA Department of Health request email]