Access to and reliability of immediate protection for children who self report risk

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, WA Department for Child Protection and Family Support should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear WA Department for Child Protection and Family Support,

In how many, and what portion, of reports by minors of abuse or neglect in their home, are those minors returned to the custody of one of more alleged perpetrator, and in what timeframes?

Yours faithfully,

John Smith

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Smith


I refer to your request for records held by the former Department for
Child Protection and Family Support, now known as the Department of

Please see our website at [1]Department of Communities - Freedom of
Information (FOI) ( for information on how to make a valid
request under the Freedom of Information Act 1992.


You may also wish to review the website for the Office of the Information
Commissioner at [2]OIC Home Page as that site contains general information
regarding the Western Australia legislation.


Kind regards,


Freedom of Information

Department of Communities

P 08 6414 3344

Locked Bag 5000 | Fremantle   WA   6959



show quoted sections