Are you able to claim a tax refund on Centrelink payments

Dean made this Freedom of Information request to Department of Human Services

Currently waiting for a response from Department of Human Services, they must respond promptly and normally no later than (details).

From: Dean


Dear Department of Human Services,
I am asking today if you can claim a tax refund on Centrelink payments at the end of the financial year? As a tax payer I believe I have the right to know.

Yours faithfully,


Link to this


Hi Dean,

Your question should be directed to the Australian Taxation Office.


FOI Practitioner
Employment Law and Freedom of Information Branch, Legal Services Division
Services Australia |
This email and any attachments may contain information subject to legal professional privilege or information that is otherwise sensitive or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are prohibited from using or disseminating this communication. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this email.

show quoted sections

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Department of Human Services only: